Communication and Education Committee
The role of the Communication and Education Committee (CEC) is to provide the Barnegat Bay Partnership (BBP) and collaborating entities with objective expert advice and peer review for overall communication, education, and outreach matters related to National Estuary Program activities and goals, such as those specified in the Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP), BBP's Strategic Plan, and BBP's Communication Plan (see links below for access to these documents). The CEC works with the BBP Advisory Committee to identify and prioritize communication and outreach needs within the Barnegat Bay watershed, and assists with the BBP's efforts to raise awareness and resources for addressing these needs. The CEC also facilitates public participation and diverse stakeholder involvement in BBP-related activities and assists with the selection of the Citizen Representative to the BBP Policy Committee.
The functions of the CEC are TO:
- Oversee the implementation of the BBP's Communication Plan;
- Assist the BBP office in periodic updating of the Communication Plan in concert with the updating of the BBP's Strategic Plan;
- Provide priority Communication Plan funding recommendations to the BBP Office for inclusion in annual work plans;
- Assist the BBP office in looking for additional sources of funding for Communication Plan implementation activities;
- Serve as the planning committee for the annual Education and Outreach Retreat for the Barnegat Bay watershed;
- Provide input for the Barnegat Bay Festival; and
- Oversee the nomination process of the BBP Citizen Representative and Alternate. Click here for the latest Call for Nominations for the Alternate Citizen Representative.
|Angela C. Andersen (Chairperson)||Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts and Sciences|
|Wes Dalzell (Co-Chairperson)||ReClam the Bay|
|Lisa Auermuller||Jacques Cousteau National Esturine Research Reserve|
|Barbara Spinweber||US EPA, Region 2 (Alternate)|
|Peter Brandt||US EPA, Region 2, Public Affairs Director for Estuaries & Lakes and Senior Communication Advisor|
|Michael Craghan||US EPA, Headquarters Liaison|
|Christine Raabe||Ocean County Soil Conservation District|
||New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection|
|Helen Henderson||American Littoral Society|
|Martha Maxwell-Doyle||Barnegat Bay Partnership (ex officio)|
|Karen Walzer (Staff liaison)||Barnegat Bay Partership|
|Betsy Hyle||Barnegat Bay Partnershp (ex officio)|
|Scott Bruinooge||Ocean County College|
|Chris Claus||Ocean County Department of Parks & Recreation|
|John Leonard||Citizen Representative to the BBP Policy Committee (ex officio)|
|George Murnyak||Citizen Representative Alternate to the BBP Policy Committee (ex officio)|
|John Zingis||Citizen Representative Alternate to the BBP Policy Committee (ex officio)|
|Joel Mott||New Jersey Pinelands Commission|
|Chelsea Simkins||Marine Trades Association|
||Brick Township Municipal Utilities Authority|
Communication and Outreach Plan to Support the BBP 2012 – 2016 Strategic Plan This is the current Communication Plan guiding the actions of the CEC.
Putting all the Pieces Together: A Communication and Outreach Plan for the Support the BBNEP 2008-2011 Strategic Plan This is the original Communication Plan, which is now replaced by the 2012-2016 plan.